A local mall has been taken over by insurgent forces and security is sent in to clean up, retake and re-capture the mall.
This is my first insurgency map ever, and the first map i made in Unreal Engine since 2005. I have always wanted to play a tactical shooter set in a giant mall, and with the modding tools released and a month where i had no plans, now was the time to make that dream come true. The map still needs a bit of polish and a few more game modes, but there will be at max one update a week from here on out, as the map is in a pretty playable state, and i do not have the time to work on the map all day anymore unfortunately.
- Four game modes (TDM, Firefight, Checkpoint and Domination).
- Night and Day mode
- Lots of abandoned stores with flanking routes and cover positions.
- Custom models and customized textures
- Push game mode
- Graphical improvents (More varied textures), more fixes to lighting, better decals and overall polish
- Custom loading screen and map which corresponds with daytime (currently daytime uses night mini map)
- Soundscapes (different sounds depending on size of the room)
- Ceiling light looks weird on night time
- Some AI spawn positions need tweaking
- Some Scenario names on loading screen has 'checkpoint' prefrixed
- In Checkpoint, at last capturezone 'Foxtrot', when you have captured the zone and are defending against a counterattack you will spawn at Foxtrot instead of the previous spawn.
- AI is not agressive enough at Foxtrot upstairs
Map name: Glassdome
Launch Example local play:
Launch Example server config:
If you have any issues or feedback feel free to leave it below and i will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
The map has not been tested on Linux servers so i have no idea how well it works there.
Special thanks to my friend Exhex for creating custom 3D models and to my friends and family who came with input and feedback while testing, and brought me coffee. I would not have been able to do it without your help and support. Also a big shoutout to Warmaster2143 and the guys at mod.io that created all the awesome guides, as well as the team of Insurgency Sandstorm that made all this possible.