In this custom PVP game mode, your objective is to kill the enemy team but killed players respawn in jail. To get them out of there, teammates will have to fight their way into the enemy base and trigger the jail release switch.
It is your task to defend your jail release switch and to free your own teammates when they're in jail. If all members of your team are in jail, the opposing team will win the round.
- Defend your jail release switches
- Go on the offensive, killing and sending the enemy to jail
- Fight your way to the enemies base to release jailed teammates
Due to specific map design needs e.g interactive jails, I have included 1 map with the mode (for now):
Minimum players: 2
Recommended: 6 - 32
TEST/WORK IN PROGRESS: Have yet to test with a large player count, so feedback would be appreciated.
Game mode background info
Jailbreak is based off the mod of the same name that I played back in the day for Unreal Tournament 99/04.
How well this mode will translate to a slower pace/short-TTK game I'm not sure. Health/TTK mutators may be needed to make it more fun.
Add to your Game.ini
- Initial release and test.
- Add more cover and detail to the interior of the buildings (Blacksite)
- Add more maps
- Bug fix and balance
- Might look into bot support
- Game mode related HUD info e.g number of teammates captured
- A floating objective marker can randomly show up in the centre of the map, I used one objective for it's spawn function and I have tried to remove the marker but will still show up for some reason. (I haven't tried to remove the minimap objective marker, so please ignore it)
- Players who join mid-game will spawn in the jails, I might look into to another spawning method.
Big thanks to RareKiwi for all the help on the game mode logic.