Fight your way across the Australian Outback
- Use TAA for anti-aliasing if you have noise/fuzz around the tree leaves
- Shadow Quality needs High or Very High
- High-end systems recommended.
I've been unable to extensively test all game modes, feedback is appreciated.
- Add minimap
- Add more cover to Security Checkpoint A
- Work on Graphics scalability
- Tweak lighting
- Fix various AI spawning issues on certain capture points
- Maybe add vehicles to cut travel time down??
- Bug fix
- Give some love to the Insurgents Checkpoint scenario.
- Heavy frame drops e.g ADS (scopes)
v1.1 Hotfix 2
- Rebuilt Navmesh for game update
v1.1 Hotfix 1
- Re-added Security C capture point (hopefully will work now)
- Insurgent Checkpoint Scenario should no longer have Hardcore ammo pickups
- Security A capture area now larger
- Security E supply crate now opens on captured
- Security D is now named F.O.B
- Security D set to smoke only for counter attack air support
- Tweaked lighting (more work to do on it though)
- Changed capture points around for Security Checkpoint only, E is now F, C is now E, D is now C.
- New capture point for Security Checkpoint
- Added more cover for Checkpoint capture points A,B,C (formerly D)
- Added more bot spawns in Outpost (B and C)
- Removed vehicle at start of Security Checkpoint
- Added Supply crates for TDM (oops! I forgot before)
- Added vehicles to TDM
I've been getting some awesome feedback/praise on this map in comments, DM's and on Youtube, so I thought I'd clarify that this map was made possible with the excellent/hard work of Andrew Svanberg Hamilton (check out the link above) who made the assets and the example map this is based off.
That being said, I spent 3 weeks reverse engineering, recreating and expanding his example map.
The marketplace project "Rural Austraila" is for Unreal Engine 4.26 - 4.27, the engine version Insurgency Sandstorm runs on is 4.25 and you cannot port maps/levels backwards within the engines (except for one hack which didn't work, believe me.. I tried. It would of saved me hours of work if it had).
With his assets exported (meshes, textures) and his map open on one monitor in a 4.26 build and Insurgency editor open on another monitor, I painstakingly recreated his map, expanded it and added all the structures. It was a valuable learning experience for me. So yeah... I just wanted to clarify this and that this map wouldn't of existed without all those awesome assets made by Andrew Svanberg Hamilton.