Example startfile for servers (you have to replace name, ports, passwords and your token and adjust to your liking - be sure to include the travel at the end):
InsurgencyServer.exe Powerplant?Scenario=Scenario_Powerplant_Checkpoint_Security?Game=CheckpointHardcore?maxPlayers=6?port=27015?queryport=27016?password= -log -hostname="YourServerNameHere" -MapCycle=MapCycle -AdminList=Admins -Rcon -RconPassword=YourRconPasswordHere -RconListenPort=27017 -GSLTToken=Your32DigitTokenHere -GameStats -Mods -ModList=Mods -mutators=Realism -ModDownloadTravelTo=Powerplant?Scenario=Scenario_Powerplant_Checkpoint_Security?Game=CheckpointHardcore?Lighting=Night
A mod for enhanced realism ingame. As of now, it's only affecting coop security hardcore mode with very limited "features". This is meant for mature players who don't like unrealistic restrictions (balance) or arcadic elements and strive for a more immersive and realistic gameplay, even if it's harder and more unforgiving. Small special forces have few restrictions regarding their weapons, role etc. - so in this mod a lot of options can be chosen freely.
Feedback is welcome, constructive feedback even more, but consider this mod is primarily made for our small community and can be used in different ways (if your immersion is fueled by 8 machinegunners with rocketlaunchers, who am I to disagree ;) We're always interested in realistic experiences and feedback (you shot weapon X already and feel it should be more like Y, your feedback is welcome).
Be aware that most features are not possible to realize atm - For what is planned, see "wishlist", but I'm no scripter. There's barely some documentation about the SDK and a lot of features like weaponmodding will come (if I heard correctly) at a later time.
We'll see as NWI offers more possibilities in the future.
This mod is heavily WIP and will probably update a lot in the beginning.
Remeber to clean your modfolder before you run out of space ;)
- I'm no scripter or coder and as you see, the wishlist is big and ugly ;)
- So if you're a scripter/coder and like the whole idea of a realism mod, please join/collaborate!
- Same goes for mappers, modelers etc. - would love to bundle enthusiasm and knowledge to realize this!
- [OD] MachineGunPanda - for his patience in teaching me how to create mutators :)
- Circleus for his ImprovedAI - never run this mod here without ;)
- [TAC] players - for testing in unfair environments ;)
- New: 2 additional optics for NV combat: 1x Holo and 2x Greendot, both dimmed down a lot for better NV capabilities (simulates turned down Eotechs)
- New: Combo flash + laser dimmed & Combo flash IR + laser IR dimmed for RAS weapons
- removed AI tweaks, use Circleus Advanced AI instead
- removed hardcoded configs for gameserver, use config below instead
- fixed update error (wouldn't load in 0.01.19)
- added second option for laser-flashlight combinations
- reduced supply points for rifle slings
- reduced supply points for fast draw, changed slot to stock
- increased initial supply points to 75
- Classnames have changed to fit a more realistic environment
- Operators, like in small SF units, are not restricted in weapons (full arsenal)
- The team has more freedom to act in whatever roles they need (only Officer and Specialists)
- Sprinting-speed has increased (operators can run a little bit faster, even with lots of equip)
- Operators are highly trained, so they can jump and shoot, jump and aim etc.
- Every specialist can equip a radio - simulates the ability to pick it up from a dead RTO
- Walking-speed has decreased a little bit (cautious and methodically, slow is fast)
- If operators die, they will be replaced by fresh operators, not by FNGs (full equip, no stripping)
- Your team has full fire-support, but it takes time to bring in the big-birds
- 4 x Minigun, 4 x A-10, 2 x Gunship (cooloffs can't be changed as of now, will be changed to 360 - 480 sec. cooloffs to simulate 9-liner and IP/OP stationing)
- Grunts at arty will support you with smoke whenever/whereever you want it (12 x, 30 sec. cooloff)
- OC has restricted HE artillery to 2x in fear of too much collateral, cooloff is long (480 s, see above)
- Dropped equipment stays longer on the ground (6 min.)
- Operators can equip out of the full arsenal
- Every slot with exception of the commander can use the radio (simulates taking over the radio if RTO is dead)
- Take your time, it's hard enough (18 min. for each objective)
- You need 60 sec. to capture, enemies need 60 again to recapture, last objective has to be defended 180 sec.
- The team can speed up capping up to 150 % (6 teammembers capping)
- Your enemies are full aware you're there (100 % difficulty), so be careful
- Enemies have been buffed and nerfed where needed to act hard but fair (as far as possible)
- Sniper and Breacher are WIP, they have serious problems acting fair, Feedback needed
- Enemies will reinforce once, be careful all the time
- If you're dead, you're silent - seems rational (no dead2living chat)
- More important: Survivors can focus on their survival
- But beware, enemies can hear if you talk in the vicinity
- Like in reallife, you won't see who shot you, no kill feeds, no death cam
- Only for spectators, be mature about that, if you cheat, that's on you
- Same goes for spectating in 3d person - use it for training, not cheating
- Real teamplay here, friendly fire is on 100 %, not reflected
- If you shoot your teammate, you'll hit him/her full force
- No individual scores at the end (it's about the team)
CONFIG (SERVER, NOT IMPLEMENTED, SEE BELOW FOR CONFIGS)
- no killfeeds
- full friendly fire (100 % damage, no reflection)
- AI difficulty 100 %
- 8 player team
- min. 3 enemies per player, max. 18 enemies per team of 8 (with a second attack wave/reinforce)
- bots are more aggressive and flank more aggressively
- fully supply (50)
- no dead voice enabled, survivors can focus on surviving
- enemies can hear VoIP
- dropped equip/weapons last 6 min.
- round has 18 min.
- capture time 60 sec.
- recapture time 60 sec.
- speedup capture up to 6 players with 150 % total
- defend time 90 sec.
- defend time final objective 180 sec.
- you don't lose your equip if you die
- no individual scores at the end (it's about the team, not about you)
- less delay before the round starts (< 5 sec.) - can lead to lost rounds at the start (feedback welcome)
WISHLIST (NEAR FUTURE)
- No HUD except compass (maybe as a small gadget without target indicators), in reality, there's no friendly indicators ...
- No idle weapon animation (why should we look at our weapon, when we cover a sector?!)
- Autojump obstacles < 0.5 m, Fastvault (no way it takes 3 sec. to vault over this stuff)
- Reduction of callouts per settings: No callouts, critical callouts only, full callouts
- No area restrictions for defending in checkpoint (you can defend from whereever you want to, timer for capturing team, if they hold for x sec., they win)
- More ammo by default: 8 Magazines, 4 pistol, 4 slots for grenades, 2 for explosives/launchers
- Sound while sneaking (it should make some noises, small jingling, quiet scratching of equipment, grating of clothes etc.
- More slots for rifleammo, sidearm ammo, UGL, grenades
- Usage of the small backpack only for everybody except commander and observer with the same slots as big ruck
- Launchers are not dropped after the last rocket but stay on the back for further usage
- Generally: Weapon nerfs/buffs to realistic behaviour (not yet possible): more punch, less recoil, more sway
- Complete deletion of all balancing and arcadic features in the game (e.g. balanced weapons, unrealistic stats, restricted zones, etc.)
- Replacing arcadic mechanics with realistic ones: Jump over obstacles < 0.5 m, fastvault, shoot whenever you want, realistic ADS etc.
- Faster sprints (the longer you sprint with Shift, the faster you get), but faster exhaustion at the same time, more sway
- Realistic units like 1stRecon, Raiders, KSK, etc. (not yet possible)
- Unitbased camo, weaponskins etc. from reallife SF-units like 1stRecon, Seals, KSK etc.
- Other gamemodes like "Insurgency", where you have to clear a whole town
- Mission based gamemodes like "Kill HVT", "Sabotage", "Escort" etc.
- Generation Kill scenario with 1st Recon unit and 3-4 small mission designed maps (e.g. capture the town, defend the trafficstop, find lost marine etc.)
- Enhanced health features like exhaustion, unconsciousness, bleeding, shock
- Shock-impact-system, where player and bots are not capable to shoot back / move when being hit, or even being knocked over
- Impair-system: if you get hit in the arm/foot, you can't use your weapon any more / can't move fast anymore, up until unconciousness
- Weapon-Slings: if you don't equip one and get shot in the arm, you'll lose your weapon (and can pick it up again)
- Anti-Personnel-Mines, Teargas, Alarm-Triggers, BluTracking, HelmetCams etc.
- Combat-Medic-Class, bandages (in combination with bleeding-/unconcious-system)
- Real breaching - in combination with destructible environment assets
- Interaction with certain elements in the game, e.g. wooden planks, some furniture, etc. to barricade routes
- Tactical commwheel with critical shoutouts like "I'm flanking (direction you're looking at)", "You flank (dir)", "I cover you", "Cover me" etc.
- MiniDrone (Raven) to recon areas for a short amount of time
CONFIGS (ADAPT TO YOUR PREFERED GAMESTYLE)
; REALISM MOD CONFIG
; v. 0.01.25