Tactical Armory adds a complete reimagined class system and a huge variety of weapon attachments to Insurgency Sandstorm. It is lightly inspired by the Armory Mod from insurgency 2.
To install the mod on your server, add the mod ID to your Mods file (or startup command line), and add the mutator TacticalArmory. I recommend playing this mod with 25-30 supply points
List of new attachments:
- Holo/Kobra Night: a dimmer sight perfect for NVGs, also looks super tacticool. It is enabled during the day but it will be hard to see in bright areas
- Holo/RedDot/MARs/PKAS Green: a green reticle for your sight. The Holo and PKAS ones also have a smaller reticle so you can choose according to your preference
- Variable Zoom 5x scope: it's a 5x scope normally, but when you hold breath, it zooms in a lot more
- C79/Variable Zoom 5x NV Green: night vision scope with a green filter. Please note that these scopes do not have a visible NV scope attached to it because the model isn't available in the mod tools.
- 1x/2x/4x FLIR: thermal night vision scope that can highlight enemies. You need Effects set to High or Very High for it to work (if you set effects to low it will just create flashlights effect near the enemy head). Only available during the night
- Precision Laser: a green laser that is smaller than the normal red laser, which makes it a good pair with high magnification sights
- Combo Laser: a laser/light combo where you can switch between laser and flashlight. The laser is green in color and also has an IR trail in night vision.
- Dim Flashlight: this flashlight is much dimmer and has slightly wider angle than the normal one, but less illumination distance. Useful if you want a flashlight but don't want a searchlight
- Flashlights at day time
- Tactical Sling: increases the swap speed of your primary weapon
- Aftermarket Stock: small increase to all handling stats but slightly decreases the swap speed
- Cheek pad: decreases sway, only available on battle rifles and sniper rifles
- Long barrel: the long barrel from the beta is back, but now it costs 4 points and has some downsides like worse hipfire. It slightly reduces vertical recoil and increases bullet velocity
- Colossus Suppressor: only on bolt rifles, this acts like Suppressor + Long Barrel to give the bolt action snipers something unique
- Fast Hand: swap grenades faster
- Heavy Bolt: increases bullet velocity, available on bolt snipers and welrod. The increase is less than the long barrel. The only downside is that you can't use greased bolt
- Recoil Buffer: delays recoil in the first few shots of your burst. The recoil will be reapplied after you stop shooting.
- Hipfire Recenter: slowly recenters your hip fire free-aim over time. It is not a crutch as it's not fast enough to react to recoil, but it does help you line up your first shot.
- Laser Point Shooting: like NVG point shooting but activates when laser is on. This way you can press H to toggle between your big scope for long range, and point shooting for CQB.
There are some really goofy looking skins in the mod that just replaces the gun texture with some random materials in the game, including urban camo, woodland camo, red plating, gold plating, wood, marble and trash bags. If a skin looks really bad, it will probably be removed in the future. For STANAG 5.56 guns, it will also give the camo to the magazine.
If you made an actually good skin for a weapon, please contact me if you want it added to the mod (with proper credit)!
Took way too long to get this to work. At least I proved it's possible. Works on both Insurgents and Security.
- Tactical Carrier: like heavy carrier but even heavier. 9 mags, 4 grenade slots, 3 rockets
- all carriers: lighter in weight than their vanilla counterparts, since other parts of the mod really make you heavy
- Bomb Suit: blocks 70% of the damage from explosives
- Battle Royale Rig: gives you an extra primary slot
- John Wick Holster: gives you an extra pistol slot and a lot of ammo for your pistol
- Grenadier: (only for Rifleman and Demolitions class) gives you x5 extra grenade launcher ammo like how much soldiers carry in real life
- Rocketeer: (only for Demolitions class) gives you x3 extra rockets
- One Man Army: (only for Recon class) allows you to have both binoculars and radio
This supports both Security and Insurgents now!
Commander/Observer/Rifleman: can now use all assault rifles, battle rifles and the singular SBR (AKS74u/Mk18CQBR). Can use AP ammo on Assault Rifles. Advisor has been removed and all weapons are now added to Rifleman
Demolitions: can now use Fast Hand, which increases grenade swap speed
Breacher: can now use a training which decreases hipfire free aim radius. Also suppressors are cheaper
Gunner: suppressors are more expensive
(New) Heavy: moves slower but has 165 HP which means that you will most often take 1 more shot to die. Can use shotguns, heavy rifles and machine guns. Whether you think the higher HP is worth the trade off is up to you. This is inspired by the 60 op bots server in insurgency2
Marksman: Can use AP ammo which also increases the damage of the DMRs.
(New) Recon: provides support to the team from a distance. Can only use mediocre long range weapons including bolt actions and anti-material rifles, as well as M240B/SVD without extended mags. In return, you act as Observer and you can get a binocular for 12 points to call in fire support by yourself, so you can be a valuable help to the team, though you won't get very far if you try to rambo. Can use the variable zoom scope.
Enemy weapons: all classes except Commander/Observer/Rifleman have access to enemy weapons, but they are more expensive than normal
Bonus: the class changes include the ability to fire while jumping, also better balancing so bad guns are dirt cheap and good guns are expensive
- Can I use it on Versus?
The mod does work on Versus, but it is designed based on coop so it might be very unbalanced in Versus.
- Can I use it with other mods?
Tactical Armory is compatible with mods that don't have any faction-specific changes. Some popular examples include More Ammo, Improved AI, No Restricted Areas, and the Frenzy mutator
This mod now creates custom factions and is therefore incompatible with other mods that change fire support and/or player squads. Some of my other mods that AREN'T compatible right now: Tactical Bots, Tactical Theaters, Fire Support Mutators
- Why are there floating attachments in the air after I resupply?
This is a NWI glitch that happens with all weapon skins, even the official ones: Reddit.com
To prevent this from happening, don't use a weapon skin
- Why do I get disconnected when selecting the new equipment?
The server you are playing on might be outdated. Find a different server or restart the server if you are the admin
- Why do the classes disappear after changing a map?
This is a NWI glitch that seems to happen on all community servers and is not related to my mod